Monday, August 1, 2016

Frog's Leap Napa Valley, Why it's a "Go to Winery."



Frog's Leap Napa Valley,
 Why it's a "go to" Winery.





Frog's Leap Napa Valley, is a "go to" winery for me, because it is consistently excellent throughout all the varietals I've had, especially their Zinfandel; their 2007 vintage was one of my first two wines reviewed in July of 2010, and that same 2007 scored 90 points when I tasted one of my cellared bottles this last March.
Frog's Leap produces restrained and elegant wines, and while many other Zinfandel wines are closing-in on and surpassing 16% alcohol, Frog's Leap seems always to be in the 13% spectrum, same is true for their Cabernet Sauvignon red wines, much as are many of the restrained and enduring Bordeaux red wines.
Of course I don't buy a wine for its alcohol content (once), but with so many great wines in their library, it makes me think that they just might be on to something with lower alcohol levels.


Zinfandel



Frog's Leap Napa Valley 2016 Zinfandel, $27.19-$33.99, 91 points
Frog's Leap Napa Valley 2020 Zinfandel, $28.89-$35.99, 90 points

Cabernet Sauvignon





Merlot





Red Wine



Sauvignon Blanc




Frog's Leap Napa Valley 2015 Sauvignon Blanc, $22.09-$25.99, 90 points
Frog's Leap Napa Valley 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, $18.69-$25.99, 92 points

No comments:

Post a Comment