Sunday, July 22, 2018

Greg Norman Estates Eden Valley Australia 2016 Chardonnay






Greg Norman Estates Eden Valley Australia 2016 Chardonnay, $10.19-$14.99, 84 points, poured a deep straw yellow color.
Strong smells of caramel and Chardonnay-specific grape were almost pungent and unpleasant for me.
Though the early medium-plus body showed creamy with good acidity, the texture morphed hard along with austere flavors of cantaloupe, caramel, and wood.
Finished long on the fading palate with an awkward 14% alcohol and a redeeming hint of lime.
I didn't care for the pairing of Ollie's bake-stuffed Butterfly shrimp.
Having had previous Greg Norman Chardonnays, I was disappointed.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. I think this is the lowest score I have seen you give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: You always make me think! I try NOT to buy bad wines, and judging from the previous two vintages of this wine, I expected nothing short of a very good Chardonnay, but alas a let-down struck me and my wallet.
      Last time a score of this magnitude was slapped on a wine was in February.
      Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice . . .

      Delete