Thursday, August 13, 2015

Groth Napa Valley 2014 Sauvignon Blanc




 

Groth Napa Valley 2014 Sauvignon Blanc, $17.95-$24.99, 92 points, poured a bright gold color.
Soft floral and fresh-cut grass notes on the nose were very good.
The light, dry, and crisp body carried mouth-watering acids.
Groth 2014 SB was quite stony, flinty, and far more complex than at first its cold drinking temperature revealed; flavors of subtle tangerine, jasmine, watermelon rind, and hints of lemon grass were balanced and without ostentation.
Finished long on the trailing palate, a touch black pepper, and the well handled 14.2% alcohol.

Just a note to blogspotters: I downloaded windows 10 and on the third day was unable to upload photos to this blog. After reversing windows 10 back to 8.1 I was able to resume as I have for more than 5 years. If anyone has any comments on this situation I will be grateful.

Groth Vineyards, why it's a "go to" winery.
Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

2 comments:

  1. Just had this SB, wonderful as usual, 8% Semiilon. Also had the Miner Family 2013 SB, quite nice.
    Glad you mentioned the Windows 10...hate 8, but have got used to it. Don't want to mess up my laptop...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: I've been looking for that 8% Semiilon in there, but alas not found anywhere! I'm sure if my tasters were as fine-tuned as yours I would have noticed. :)

      Delete