Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Cinquante Cinq 2016 Viognier (France)



Cinquante Cinq 2016 Viognier (France), $13.59-$16.99, 90 points, poured a medium gold color grading clear at the glass edge.
The aromatic Red-delicious apple, jasmine, and perfumed floral notes were outstanding.
Light and crisp body with appropriate acidity carried lovely flavors of honeysuckle, apple, and dragon fruit.
Finished long on the trailing palate, citrus, white pepper, and a well-balanced 13% alcohol.
Paired perfectly with my Maine lobster teriyaki with vegetables.
I bought this Viognier at the Whole Foods of Bedford.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I would love to try this wine...red delicious...yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Of course you do! :)
      I had forgotten that two years ago I had the 2014 Cinquante, and taste-wise found it dissimilar, yet just as delicious.

      Delete