Saturday, June 23, 2018

Blue Nun 'Winemaker's' Passion' Rheinhessen 2016 Riesling (Germany)





Blue Nun 'Winemaker's' Passion' Rheinhessen 2016 Riesling (Germany), $9.99, 87 points, poured a light brass color with a green cast.
The nose was soft apple with hints of petrol and cilantro.
The light-plus body presented an off-dry appropriately acidic Riesling with furtive yet fair flavors of guava and tangerine.
Finished rather uneventful with a grapefruit note and an innocuous 10.5% alcohol.
Paired fine with my fresh sautéed Canadian Maritime Halibut.
An iconic white wine which I haven't tasted since the early 1970s (maybe one of three wines I disappointedly tasted in my twenties), and which I now enjoyed in my late sixties.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


 

2 comments: