Friday, June 1, 2018

Italian Black Wine Labels, Are They Marketable?


Italian Black Wine Labels, Are They Marketable?



Since wine tends to be somewhat subjective, trendy, and fickle, questions concerning the wisdom of using labels to sell wine is a perennial problem in addition to prices verses other marketing concerns verses customer loyalty verses original approaches to wine sales in a very competitive environment.
Since all the wines above are all varietal-different, but red wine from Italy nonetheless, and since they have a close proximity on the shelf, just how difficult is it for a newbie and not-so newbie wine shopper to choose one wine from another?
My thoughts go like this: In nature, birds flock in tight groups to confuse hawks, and fish form tight schools to confuse sharks; so, are vintners confusing the public?
Take Cupcake wines, the most prolific seller of wine worldwide, they have a trademark label, not a great label at that (JMO), which must be (should be) included in assessing their success!
Just maybe a search for a trademark label would be helpful for the trendy and fickle marketers in allowing hawks and sharks a chance at catching their prey!
Don't get me wrong, and what do I know, I like black labels, but that's just me; after all, I did buy these wines, but I'm not normal!




Cupcake shoppers have NO trouble finding Cupcake wines on the store shelves!!! "So, which varietal to choose?"

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning collection of black wine labels: I love them. All have 'foil' so I bet they are relatively expensive to produce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: I queried 'wine labels' on your blog, and reread many fine posts stemming from that endeavor; in fact I read for more than an hour, laughed quite a bit, refreshed my memory of civet smells, French regulations on American wine labels, old Louis M. Martini wines, meniscus/wine-rings, and the sassy-girl's edgy posts eliciting clever comments from quasi subscribers. Get back

      Delete
  2. You just may have too much time on your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: I treasure simple things, which may reflect on me, but I'm never bored!

      Delete