Thursday, December 14, 2017

Sauvignon Blanc, my simple reason why it's a winter wine!



Sauvignon Blanc, my simple reason why it's a winter wine!
 
 
Okay, I get it, Albarino, Arneis, Torrontés, Xarel-Lo, and/or Burgundy white wines are all great with seafood, but when I'm thinking seafood and pairing versatility I'm looking for a Sauvignon Blanc, a white wine that shines brightly in many styles, is consistently good to great, and can be bought for few euros.
You still serve seafood in the winter, don't you? I do! So, why don't we drink white wines in the winter? Well, no one seems to talk about them? All I hear is "big, big red, heat for the cold, warm for the fireplace; "Malbec with your North Atlantic cod?" Okay, drink what you like, but for me . . .

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Even if it is grey and miserable outside, SB is a great aperitif and can get your palate ready for something more serious with dinner.

    ReplyDelete