Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Three days almost completed without a drop, then . . .



Three days almost completed without a drop, then . . .


And:



  Last week, my son Ethan was getting married in Miami, and I chose this occasion to be free from wine and alcohol altogether.
The setting was an amazing sixth floor rooftop of the Betsy Hotel where the wedding party was celebrating the glorious affair. 
  I just had to peruse the wine offerings placed on top of the bar: a 2017 California Cabernet Sauvignon stood out, but 2017? Then I saw the 'sommelier' pull out a Sancerre; I relented! I'm glad I did. Too busy and involved I failed to note the vineyard or vintage, but the wine was excellent! When isn't Sancerre wonderful? Soon almost everyone, who wasn't drinking beer or whisky, was drinking Sancerre. As I guessed, the 2017 Cab was on the astringent side of a too tight tannic attack.
  I seldom drink whisky of any kind, but when the Twenty Year Mortlach was given by the Swede for the men of the wedding party, I had to give that a small simple sampling.
In the end, six days with but two glasses of wine and three sips of the best whisky I ever tasted.
I think everyone agreed on the Scotch, especially Brandon.




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for a wonderful trip, Den - glad we got to spend some time together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben: You are special, and already I miss your company.
      Be well.
      Next time I'll have a bottle of wine for you!

      Delete