Monday, August 5, 2013

Chickadee Columbia Valley 2011 Riesling






Chickadee Columbia Valley 2011 Riesling, $12.00-$17.00, 84 points, begins almost clear with a light gray/green hue.
The nose is "petrol" like with a hint of sea breezes that are carried onto the palate with cumquat, and finishing on the trailing palate with a touch of spice and heat (13% alcohol).
The near medium body carries good acidity, yet is up-front too sweet for my palate, and with all of that, the wine is quite dry.
Sorry! I love the label, but this Riesling just won't fly!

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. You know I love Chickadees (the bird), after this review I'm not in a hurry to try Chickadee the wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know about you and the Chickadees! I am always sad when I feel I have to fault a wine:(
      I noticed that this one wasn't moving in the bin aisle, but when I saw it reduced in price, well, you know the rest of the story!

      Delete